At the British Institute of Biomedicine, we improve our lives by creating community leaders and ensuring that people serve their communities at all levels. Advanced thinking, breaking conventions, causing stagnation, and improving the world around us are all in our DNA.
As we mark our glorious history, we strive for significant change: the use of established values in the research for modern science and scientific excellence. Facing the changing needs and challenges of the local and global community. And we strive to prepare graduates to meet their aspirations and the needs of future employees.
“A Research-Based, international institute, recognized for excellence in teaching, learning, research, creative work, and administration, for the significance of its contributions to the advancement of knowledge and its commitment to serve its local, national, and international communities.”
- Need for economic transition—to new industries and jobs
- The imperative of social transformation—demanding more accessible, lifelong learning
- Impact of globalization—making global opportunities available locally
- Pervasive nature of technological disruption—redefining socio-economic constructs
- The pursuit of sustainability—socially, economically, and environmentally.
We’re a dynamic participant in society, leading our community in leveraging change for social and economic benefit. We listen to the industry. And we connect with diverse community groups far and wide to deliver education and research of the highest value and impact.
- Connected to the global world of ideas
- A magnet for talent
- Research that shapes the future
- A 21st-century education for a growing community of learners
- Conserving, advancing, and disseminating knowledge through teaching, learning, research, and creative work of the highest standard.
- Creating a diverse, collegial scholarly community in which individuals are valued and respected, academic freedom is exercised with intellectual rigor and high ethical standards; and critical inquiry is encouraged.
- Placing a strong emphasis on serving our student body.
- Working to advance the intellectual, cultural, environmental, economic, and social well-being of the peoples around the world.
- Providing equal opportunities to all who have the potential to succeed in a university of high international standing.
- Engaging with national and international scholars, educational and research institutions to enhance intellectual development, educational quality, and research productivity.
- The development and commercialization of enterprise based on its research and creative works.
Providing high-quality management marked by open, transparent, responsive, and accountable academic and administrative policies, practices, and services.